Friday, July 14, 2006

WIP Friday

After my grand list of "things to do" as mentioned in my last post, I have actually made a start on one of the items. The pencil roll X 3. I figure it is just as easy to cut a heap of fabric into strips at once as it is to cut one strip of fabric. So I am making one for Beth, one for her friends birthday and one for another of her friends, as a thank you to his Mum for lending me some of her fabric scraps, including a swatch chart of Sanderson ticking. Now that was very nice. Hard to make these for boys though. It may be a little too on the floral side, but where possible, I am cutting a boy and a girl option. The pink gingham is the oilcloth I am going to try for the outer and part of the inner. Blue for the boys one, of course. I am a bit concerned about how it will roll, but will just bulldoze my way ahead. None of this mampy-pampy make a sample piece first. It's all or nothing.

And do you like that stripy grosgrain type ribbon? It is actually from a make-a-belt kit that cost me all of $1.42 because it was half price. I think it's about 1.5 metres long. I thought it would make a perfect tie for the roll, with it's coloured pencil stripes.

Pardon? What was that? Where did I buy it? Well, I was kind of doing more "research" for the TACK challenge and I stumbled upon it. OK, OK, I needed more cotton gingham and Spotlight is the only place I can find it. I know, I'm a hypocrite. But I'll live with that, now that I have my happy stripy ribbon. And I really was doing research.

Hopefully now I have sorted my Flickr issues. Never forget your password is all I can say. So check out all the Friday Craft WIP's here.

Enjoy your weekends!

10 Comments:

Blogger 62cherry said...

nice one!
I so need to get some of that oil cloth!!
I have a confession, I like spotlight (I call it the DOT SHOP). I like to mix their "stuff" with good quality fabric.
I buy all my cotton and ribbon from them :)
It's a pisser what you "tack challenge" ladies have done though!!!!

8:20 pm  
Blogger kirsten said...

Sadly, I KNEW where you got that ribbon even before I read the S-word.

8:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! We have a similar store, although probably not as bad, called Jo-ann Fabrics (I know I'm going to hear about this). They really do have some nice things, but the ones around here don't have much of a fabric selection. They used to be much better. They've started selling more scrapbooking supplies and tapered off on the fabric side. But they do have good sales and are generous with their 40% coupons!

2:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so much nicer than the plastic bag I am using to store some pencils for my children. Can I add you to my typepad 'good blogging' list?

11:06 am  
Blogger Jorth said...

I LOVE that ribbon. Spotlight you say? Hmmm....!

12:58 pm  
Blogger Anastasia said...

oh poor spotlight - its going to get some reputation....have fun making those - they look like cute fabric selections!

7:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that ribbon! At least I have an excuse, Spotlight is pretty much all we have in Perth.

11:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

regarding the fabric with paper attached, I sprayed them with an Orange Power Goo remover before soaking but they came away super easy so they might just work with soaking alone? Tks for the reno comment, don't forget though.. we are living with dust everywhere, toaster and micro in the spare bathroom, crockery in the linen press, washing up in the laundry sink and having to eat out or get takeaway all the time,, hang on the last one isn't so bad? :-)

8:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J'attends le résultat avec impatience, quelles couleurs !

7:36 pm  
Blogger devinemom said...

i can't wait to see the end result. it sounds like a wonderful idea.

10:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home